Turmeric is one of my holy grail ingredients to use in juices, smoothies, and beauty products. It has so many benefits and it literally heals your body inside and out. One of my favorite ways to use it in my all natural beauty routine is to make an organic mango butter and turmeric facial moisturizer. My skin GLOWS and stays super clear!
The skin is often and easily damaged by environmental factors, and I have found turmeric to be the best at combatting against it. The skin benefits of turmeric include it being an anti-inflammatory, which means it reduces skin inflammation + pigmentation, and continuously works to prevent your skin from any further damage. It has anti-aging properties, which improves tired and dull looking skin making you and your skin look younger. When it is consumed in food, such as juices, smoothies, curry chicken (my fave lol), it nourishes the skin from the inside out and gives you a natural glow. It also keeps the level of inflammation in your body low; which in turn boosts your overall health. Disease thrives in an highly-inflammated body.
The other skin loving ingredients..
Mango butter. Filled with oleic acid (a fatty acid that works to keep skin and hair soft and shiny), mango butter keeps your skin plump and youthful. It improves your complexion by clearing up any acne you have, and prevents future blemishes. It also reduces any scarring or hyperpigmentation that acne can sometimes leave behind. Also, if you have or know anyone with eczema or psoriasis, mango butter is their solution!! It’s a natural anti-inflammatory and it helps control and soothe their outbreaks!
Olive Oil. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants. It has the same healthy fats as avocado, and plumps and moisturizes the skin with a combination of vitamin E and vitamin A. Olive oil can soothe, smooth, and nourish the skin, helping you appear younger with a brighter complexion.
Grapeseed Oil. Grapeseed oil contains high levels of fatty acids and vitamin E. Vitamin E is the component that helps the skin stay smooth and firm.
Tatum’s Mango Butter & Turmeric Moisturizer Recipe
What You Need!
- 3 tbsp. mango butter
- pinch of turmeric oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
How To Make!
Starting with the turmeric oil…
- In a small bowl, add 1 tsp. of turmeric powder and 3 tbsp. of vegetable glycerin (an oil purely!) derived from plants)
- In a pan, bring water to a boil and place the small bowl inside (make sure the small bowl is stove top safe!! If you have a double boiler use that instead!)
- Heat the turmeric and glycerin for 10-15 minutes
- Strain the oil (if you SKIP this IMPORTANT step, you will have a sandy moisturizer)
Mango Butter & Turmeric Moisturizer…
- Melt the mango butter (3 tbsp.)
- Add the olive, grapeseed, and turmeric oil
- Whip the mixture and put it in the fridge until it hardens (will take about an hour)
- Whip the hardened mixture until smooth and creamy!
- Place in an air tight container
I use this moisturizer as a night cream, and wake up to glowy skin every morning! It can also be used as a day time moisturizer.
If you’re a new viewer, make sure you’re subscribed! It really supports me and my blog, and it ensures you won’t miss out on any of the health, beauty, and lifestyle gems I’ll be sharing ♥