I shared photos of my dinner from last night on my Instagram and got so many messages and comments so I decided to share the recipe on my blog.
*This is my version of a nourish bowl/post-workout meal.*
I used minimal ingredients yet this meal was loaded with flavor, but most importantly healthy. Aaaaaaand, if you cook a good amount of each food item, this becomes a bomb MEAL PREP! I got 5 meals out of this!
What you need!
- 1 bag of frozen shrimp (thawed)
- You can purchase fresh shrimp if you plan on cooking it the same day
- 2 bags of chopped kale (seems like a lot but kale shrinks)
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 small bag of brown rice
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 lime
- 1 red, 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- Olive oil
- Herb seasoning
- Black pepper
What to do!
- I cooked the kale and sweet potatoes the exact same way I did in An Easy, Healthy Meal Prep! Baked Chicken & Peppers + Sautéed Kale + Herb Sweet Potatoes!
For the brown rice:
- 1 1/2 cups rice, 3 cups water
- Boil until water is gone and rice is tender
- I squeezed 1/2 of a lime into the water while boiling, and added a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
For the shrimp:
- I peeled the shrimp and left the tail on
- Put olive oil and minced garlic in the pan and sauté until the garlic begins to brown
- Place shrimp in the pan and sprinkle the black pepper, paprika, herb seasoning of your choice (I used Tony Chachere’s spice ‘n herbs), and the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Cook until done
Then enjoy your meal! Subscribe for more recipes to come your way 😉